Saturday 22 February 2014

Café Explorer│Brewtown Newtown

Everyday my addiction to coffees grows!! But that’s ok because it means I get to explore more cafés around Sydney to find my favourite Mocha!
This time my friend and I decided to venture to Brewtown Newtown (gotta say I love the place just for its name) for a very long overdue catch up! Here is my little review of this wonderful café!

Food First:

MY MOCHHHAAA :D 
Because I arrived really early I had my coffee first and I also had time to really taste the mocha there – it was delicious! This café really knows how to get coffee right – thank you for doing the name justice ♥
Also the coffee was served with soda water on the side which was something I wasn’t used to at cafés but it was a welcomed changed as I really enjoyed it!
Chai! 
My friend order the Chai which was actually served in a pretty tea set complete with honey on the side! Unfortunately I was so distracted with the conversation I forgot to take a photo of the milky cream colour of the chai as it poured out but I can say it was mouth-watering!


After settling in we order some lunch and by this time I was feeling something filling but different to the typical dishes I get so I decided on the Duck Ravioli with porcini and wild mushroom.  Porcini is a type of fungus used a lot more in European cooking but as an Asian girl I’ve always loved things like fungus but it’s largely dependent on the way it’s cooked! I think this Brewtown did this sooo well!
In terms of portion I wasn’t used to their only being two pieces of ravioli but it was two VERY large pieces of ravioli with some hearty soup that really warmed me up on that rainy day! The ravioli was so full of flavour of delicious I again forgot to take a photo of the insides because it got inside my stomache… my photos don’t show my love for this meal!! <3 p="">

My friend also ordered something very hearty – the meat ball sandwich with tomato, basil sauce and mozzarella baguette. I was enjoying my meal wayyyyyy too much so I actually didn’t get to try hers but she said it was delicious and extremely filling! Don’t worry it gives me an excuse to visit Brewtown again (not that I need one anyway). Read more for the full review and more pictures :) 


Review Time:

Location: ★★★☆☆
I got to admit for a place that’s so close to my uni I had such a difficult time finding this place!! Thank goodness for Google Map otherwise I’ll probably be walking around mindlessly for a long while or asking for directions like a tourist (not that I haven’t done that before)!! It’s close to Newtown station but it’s in an alleyway so be prepared to be a bit lost! Here are the details:
Address: 6-8 O'Connell Street, Newtown
Opening Hours: Daily 8am - 4pm
Phone: (02) 9519 2920


Menu: ★★★★☆
The menu was extensive with many breakfast and lunch options! With dishes like duck ravioli, braised rabbit and ocean trout on the menu the food is definitely worth a visit. Of course there are lots of staples like eggs and toast! They offer a range of donuts as well – which I’m going to try next time I’m craving something sweet and delicious around uni!

Taste: ★★★★☆
OH YESH. YUMMY! So much deliciousness in the food! Mushrooms which are typically a bland food for me were flavoursome and juicy in my ravioli dish! No regrets with the food – I only wish I took more photos!

Price: ★★★☆☆
For a café these type of prices are pretty typical but unfortunately for those povo uni students out there Brewtown can be more of a occasional treat (unless it’s coffee because I need that everday!!) rather than a everyday dining place. Be willing to fork out at least $20 for lunch – go when you are in a generous mood to spend on food!

Overall: ★★★★☆
Honestly I had a wonderful time at this lovely café! The staff members were extremely accommodating and greeted me as soon as I reached the counter. I was seated and happily drinking coffee in no time at all! To be fair I went in a high traffic time but bad weather day so it wasn’t crazy busy. But the service overall was excellent! I would return just for the ambience of this café I absolutely loved it! And there were fresh flowers on the tables ♥

To try list: DONUTS!! 

Happiness level = 85%

♥ Lingfish <


Brewtown Newtown on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. If you are looking for the best mocha in sydney, try Cafe Shenkin in Erskineville. Most amazing mocha ive had in my life! Made with real chocolate not that powder crap! You have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I shall add that to my food bucket list! :D
      sounds totally amazing!!!! thank you for the comment!!

      Lingfish <3

      Blog: happylingfish.blogspot,com

      Delete