One of my goals for this year was to learn HOW TO COOK! Literally I have no cooking talents or secret abilities - it's square one for me. But this Vietnamese dish was one of the simplest yet tasty dishes I've ever learnt! Thank you Kat for teaching me ♥ I will attempt to replicate this at home and do you proud!!! So here's how to make this yummy dish!
Ingredients: Serve 2 -
- Rice noodles (Banh Uot) - 1 packet
- Raw Cucumber - 1
- Herbs (mint/coriander/basil) - quantity depends on preference
- Condensed Pork [Chả lụa]
- Depends on preference - 2cm off 1 roll is how much we cut
- Fried Red Onions - use as much as you like!
Ingredients for the Sauce [Nước chấm] :
- 2 table spoons of sugar
- warm to hot water 1/2 bowl to melt sugar
- 4 table spoons of fish sauce
- 2-3 cloves of finely diced raw garlic
- lemon - quarter squeezed or white vinegar
|FISH SAUCE :P LOVE THIS!|
Read more for the full method of cooking!
Method: (much science)
1. Make the sauce [Nước chấm]
By placing sugar into a bowl then melting it. Then add all the other ingredients. TRY the sauce before adding the lemon/vinegar then add to taste (it should a fish saucey sweet sauce with a bit of sourness but not too much).
|The hardest part = the sauce!|
2. Then cut the rice noodles with scissors into 2cm pieces but it can depend of your preference.
|RICE NOODLES after I took 10 minutes to unravel..|
3. Unravel the pieces of noodles then place them into the microwave for 30secs. The time spent in the microwave can depend on how hot you want to serve your noodles. 3. Cut 2cm off the condensed pork. The amount of pork you want to add in is up to you as well!
4. Add in freshly picked and washed herbs. We used mint and coriander from my friends awesome herb garden! The coriander can be picked off my hand while the mint needs to be cut to small pieces.
5. Cut the raw cucumber into thin strips then place into the dish. 6. Add the fried red onions, it doesn't have to measured by hand!
7. Mix everything together with chopsticks! Then SERVE NOMNOMNOM TIME!
This dish is sooo easy and soo yummy! Maybe cooking isn't so hard after all... :P