Wednesday 30 April 2014

Noobie Foodie│Petaling Street

Hello Friends! 
It's definitely been a while since I last wrote a blog post! OHH I miss this so so much! But I was on mid semester break and away at MELBOURNE! AMAZING WEEK OFF! Now back to reality! I recently visited Petaling Street (after watching the AMAZING Lion King musical) so I decided to wrote my long over due long post about them! YAY! 
Last time I went it was with my adorable wifey and it was ages ago but regardless ON TO THE FOOD! 
Chicken Curry Laksa

Chicken Curry Laksa 
Petaling street in one of my personal favourite restaurants and EVERY TIME I go I get the Chicken Curry Laksa ($10.80)! Yes, I'm boring..but it's just sooo good! It never disappoints me whether it'd be the portion (which is pretty big), the amount of meat, the flavour of the soup it's always sooo good! But of course after this post I shall definitely try the other things on the menu now! Just a side note there are mussels in this laksa! YUM!
Claypot Noodles 

Aerial view! 
The wifey ordered the Petaling Claypot Short Rice noodles ($11.30 which I've also tried) and it's delicious as well! Flavoursome mince with the interesting smooth texture of the noodles!! Definitely another dish I would recommend! 
Cheong Fun!! 
LOVE THIS! 
AND we are greedy kids so we also got the Chee Cheong Fun ($7.80) on top of all that food! It was a new addition to the menu and I love it!!! I want to gett this again! The sesame seeds with the sweet sauce OHH I love that sweet sauce! Plus the chilli sauce as well! AMAZING ♥
Read more for the full review! 


Location: ★★★★★

Definitely one of the EASIEST places to find!! Right on George Street very close to China Town and Central station! Incredibly easy to find! 

Menu: ★★★★☆

So the updated their menu recently and throughout the years some of the food have definitely gone up in price but it's still a good menu! And they added pictures to the menu! YAY! The only thing I'm sad about is the fact they used to have this amazing fish congee dish that I always order when I'm sick and now it's no longer on the menu :( 

Taste: ★★★★☆

DELICIOUS! Honestly delicious! Although I'm no expert in Malaysian food I can honestly say my belly is always happy after a trip to Petaling Street! 

Price: ★★★★☆

Very very good value for money! The dishes are all under $20 and very big portions to feed even the starving!! The only issue is choosing which dish! 

Overall: ★★★★★

ONE OF MY FAVOURITE PLACES! Honestly I'm a regular there and they've never disappointed me with the food! I would also recommend the Hainanese boneless chicken and Nasi Lemak! SO GOOD! 
Happiness = chicken curry laksa! 
Look at my smileeeeeee haha 
♥ Lingfish~ 
Please comment, share and EAT HAPPILY! 
Petaling Street: Malaysian Hawker Food on Urbanspoon











6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. OMG YES! Laksa cravings all day everyday!! :D

      Delete
  2. hey ling fish I just followed you,
    Where are your Melbourne posts? Maybe I can write some posts for you. Follow me back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sally! :D thanks sweety! My Melbourne posts are still in the works at the moment!

      I shall definitely follow you back!

      <3 Ling

      Delete
  3. I've just started getting into Malaysian food recently and have heard plenty of good things about this restaurant. I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! TRY IT! :D
      I would highly recommend the food there! It's sooo good!

      Delete