An award that recognizes small bloggers and help promote the blogosphere! Basically you'll receive a comment on your blog telling you that you've been nominated the award then you visit the nominee's blog to read and receive your questions. Of course usually the nominee's blog will contain some information regarding what you have to do for the award! And in order to receive the award you'll have to continue the tagging system!
Thank you Cristina from Make Easy Cake for nominating me! I didn't expect to be nominated at all! SO THANK YOU so much! :)
Here are the answers to Cristina's questions:
1. What is the story behind your blog name? Basically my name is Ling and that's the name of a fish! So one of my fondest nicknames from childhood was Lingfish so that was my facebook URL and when I decided to blog again I struggled coming up with a name...eventually I really liked Happyily Lingfish so I used that. But then after a chat with a close mate about it I decided to change it to Happy Lingfish and I just kinda stuck with it!
2. Why did you decide to start a blog? To be perfectly honest I've been blogging since 2008 in a Kpop based blog and it became A LOT more popular than I ever expected! It's almost at 100K views and I didn't write in it for more than 1 year - can you imagine if I continued? So then I decided to get back into blogging because I really miss writing and reading!
3. What is your favorite dessert to make and eat?
I LOVE GELATO and ICE CREAM and CHOCOLATE! There really isn't a favourite with me because my taste vary so much! But I really adore gelato. I cannot cook (YET!) so there really isn't one that I would love to make (YET!)
4. Tell us about your biggest cooking catastrophe (this should be fun). OH LORD, I've burnt fried rice before.... that wasn't fun! Also the time when I peeled a potato and the peeler got my skin so I was bleeding for hours..not fun!
5. As a child, what was a profession you used to want to be, but are not now? As a child I wanted to be everything - a teacher, an artist, a singer, selling firecrackers and a model. But to be honest I was happy just being my parent's daughter. I was a princess! Now I don't really know what I want to be.. A WORK IN PROGRESS!
6. Do you have any pets? My group of friends at uni is named Animal Farm so if that counts then I have A LOT of pets! At home though I don't have any because my mum dislikes animals! BOO!
7. What are your hobbies, besides blogging? DANCE! Love dancing (I'm not good at it though haha) Singing, writing, reading, EATING and drinking coffee!
8. Which is your favorite season and why? I love every season for different reasons but I'm beginning to really love Spring because flowers and the weather getting warmer!
9. Your favorite food as a child was....
I LOVE ALL FOODS. Especially as a child! Chocolate ice cream was probably the favourite or Chinese snacks!
10. What advice would you give a newbie blogger? START NOW! GO!
And here are..
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. 2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) 3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you. 4. provide 11 random facts about yourself. 5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information! 6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer 7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)